EU MRV & IMO DCS
Despite reporting software used on board with plausibility check during input, the quality of the transmitted data is partly inadequate.
Typical errors include:
- BDN (Bunker Delivery Note) unreadable or missing.
- Incorrect bunker types or quantities are transferred from the BDN to the system.
- Incorrect reporting at e.g. Canal passages, lock or anchor maneuvers.
- Incomplete reporting of travel data.
- Missing evidence of bunker corrections.
Such errors prevent the verifier from issuing the Certificate of Conformity (DoC). As a result, revision of the data is requested by the verifier, which means extensive rework for the shipping company.
Ships which do not have a Declaration of Conformity for EU MRV on board after 1st July 2019 will be fined by the port states (website of the German Emissions Trading Authority).
For a smooth verification, we help you to recognize the above mentioned errors in time and to correct them. We achieve this by:
- Direct communication with the crews on board and the verifier based on a three-party agreement.
- Continuous review of submitted data during the reporting period by our experts.
- Individual and timely support of the crew on board to correct the data.
- Personal care of the crews by one of our experts.
- Comparison of the reported position data with external AIS data.
- Annual compilation of a “Lessons learned” catalog to improve data collection on board.
- Transmission of EU MRV emissions reports to the THETIS database on behalf of the shipowner.
The process audited by an IACS classification society guarantees you a reliable and fast approval process – without involving your capacities on shore!
We also carry out all these points independently of the software used on board and the verifier chosen by you.
In addition we provide…
- Preparation of EU MRV monitoring plans
- Preparation of the SEEMP Part II documentation
- Preparation of emission reports based on the data you provide
- Creation of FOCRs (Fuel Oil Consumption Reports)
- Provision of a software for collecting emission data
In a nutshell – SEACOTEC …
- …regularly checks the collected data and supports the crews on board with necessary corrections.
- …controls all BDNs for readability and plausibility with respect to the reported data.
- …assists crews in improving reporting quality by providing “lessons learned” from the last reporting period.
- …compiles the annual emissions report.
- …provides you with an efficient IT tool for collecting and transmitting the necessary data, if required.
- …provides a “NIL confirmation” by the verifier for ships that did not call EU ports during the reporting period.
What our customers say…
„Due to SEACOTEC’s effort and permanent communication with our crews the quality of event reporting has dramatically improved. We have achieved a data quality and transparency that left no questions open for the verifier.“
(Jens Köster – Fleet Operations Manager / Jüngerhans Maritime Services GmbH & Co. KG)
“We have completely outsourced MRV and since 2019 also IMO DCS to SEACOTEC. That was a smart move. The effort we had to invest for compliance with MRV was very small. We just met with SEACOTEC for handing over the DOCs – that’s it.“
(Uwe Rottwinkel, Marine Superintendent / Rambow Bereederungs GmbH & Co. KG)
„We could focus on our main tasks as Fleet Managers instead of dealing with a huge amount of data in preparation for compliance with EU MRV. We did not have any issues with the verifier regarding the emission data we provided.“