MED – Authorised Representative Services
The EUROPEAN UNION COUNCIL DIRECTIVE 96/98/EC has been repealed and the new EUROPEAN DIRECTIVE 2014/90/EU has become valid.
Since September 18th, 2016 all manufacturers of maritime equipment have to ensure full compliance with EUROPEAN DIRECTIVE 2014/90/EU. Otherwise they are not in the position to issue a Declaration of Conformity anymore and products might be rejected at EU borders.
ALL non-EU manufacturers of Marine Equipment have to appoint an Authorised Representative (AR) in the European Union, who …
… stores the EU Declaration of Conformity and technical documentation for at least 10 years – depending on the lifetime of a product.
… provides authorities with all information and documentation to demonstrate conformity of a product on short notice.
… cooperates with authorities to eliminate risks posed by products.
Article 13 of DIRECTIVE 2014/90/EU
SEACOTEC is your Authorised Representative in the European Union and will support you in complying with EUROPEAN DIRECTIVE 2014/90/EU in a cost efficient way as follow.
… is specialized in MED and regulatory issues due to extensive experience in senior management positions in classification and Notified Bodies (MED).
… is fully liable for it’s activities and guarantees availability 365 days each year.
… will provide you with an office address in Europe’s biggest maritime hub Hamburg, Germany.
… will help you saving up to 95% of the costs for compliance with the new MED directive.
… is available for your local language and in your time zone through our local partners.
… will keep your documents securely filed for at least 10 years in compliance with highly restrictive German data protection laws.
… will allow you to focus on your core business instead of dealing with EU authorities.
Our full service package will even include the written mandate between you and your Authorised Representative, which is required for full compliance with the new EU DIRECTIVE.
In a nutshell – SEACOTEC …
- … will provide you with a registered office address in the biggest European maritime hub Hamburg/Germany.
- … will ensure smooth transition to DIRECTIVE 2014/90/EU without any interference of your production or delivery.
- … will help you saving up to 95% of the costs for compliance with new MED directive.
- … is available for you in your local language (English, Chinese, Korean and Japanese) and in your time zone trough our asian partners.
- … will keep your documents securely filed for 10 years after the last product has been delivered.
- … will act as single point of contact for all requests from authorities e.g. for conformity declarations, audit reports etc.
- … will allow you to focus on your core business instead of dealing with EU authorities.